Creating private lessons slots can be a time consuming task if your organization has a large amount of private lessons each week. Our clients have shared a great way to streamline this process using Excel.
You may need to create a new Session. See our Help article Class Sessions for additional information.
Add Classes to the Importer Spreadsheet
- Point to Tools and select Import Data. Click the Jackrabbit Importer Spreadsheet link.
- Download the file and save it to your computer. Locate the file on your computer and open it.
- Click the Class List tab (at the bottom).
- Fill in a row with class details.
- Enter the Class Name in whatever format you typically use. For example, if you typically create a class as Ms. Lisa-PVT-Tu 1pm, enter it as TName-PVT-Tu 1pm. TName will become a placeholder that you can later replace with each instructor name.
- Copy the row for as many time slots as you need. For example, if you are open 12 - 8 pm Monday - Friday and offer lessons every half hour, you'd need 80 rows (16 per day x 5 days). If you use the Day & Time in your Class Name, be sure to edit each Class Name field to the correct day & time.
We recommend you copy/paste the Session and Category 1, 2, and/or 3 values from Tools > Edit Drop-down Lists.
Update Class Names in the Importer Spreadsheet
Re-open the same file and save it with a new name. If you use the instructor name in your Class Name, you can easily replace the TName placeholder using the Find and Replace function.
- Click on the first class in your Excel sheet and hold down Ctrl and the F key (Command + F key on a Mac).
- Click the Replace tab in the Find and Replace window and enter TName in the Find what field.
- Enter an instructor’s name in the Replace with field and click Replace.
- Continue to click Replace, moving through the Class Name fields until you have updated all classes for that instructor. You can use the Find Next button to skip over a class or classes.
- Enter another instructor’s name in the Replace with field and repeat the steps above to update classes for this instructor. Continue for each instructor until all classes are updated.
- Save your file regularly.
- When you have your spreadsheet complete, go back to your Jackrabbit database and point to the Tools menu and select Import Data.
- Locate your saved file using the Choose File button and click Import. A successful import will indicate the number of rows imported properly.
Your new classes may need some updating. Use the Edit All Classes feature to edit settings on multiple classes in one screen. You can easily find the classes you just imported by searching for classes with a Class Status = blank. See our Help article on Edit Multiple Classes at Once for step-by-step instructions on how to use this powerful, time-saving feature.
Be sure to select Show All (if there are more than 50 classes that meet your search criteria) prior to making global changes.
Our Imports team is happy to help with the importing process as needed. Contact them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!