Located under the Gear (icon) > Settings > General > Organization Defaults (left menu), Tax Settings are settings for your Tax ID Label and options for taxes on fees and services.
Add a Tax ID Label
Add your organization's tax information to have it included on all receipts and statements issued from Jackrabbit. This information is helpful for your customers who submit receipts for tax purposes and reimbursements.
The Tax ID Label is displayed before the tax ID number on the receipts and statements. Select one of the options in the drop-down list for the type of tax number to enter. Note: Once a Tax ID Label has been selected, the Tax ID Number field becomes a required field.
- In the United States, the tax number is called the EIN (Employer Identification Number).
- In Canada, the tax number is called the BN (Business Number).
- In Australia, New Zealand, and the UK, the tax number is called the TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number).
The tax label information is shown to customers on all of the following: statements, receipts, ePayment receipts, and Parent Portal printed transactions.
Tax Settings for Fees & Services
Jackrabbit allows you to enter a default tax setting for fees and services.
- Go to Gear (icon) > Settings > General > Organization Defaults (left menu) > Tax Settings (section).
- Set Make Sale/Post Fees: Add tax in the "Post Fees" section to Yes to calculate tax automatically in the Make Sale/Post Fees window, Post Fees section. The Post Fees section is used to post any type of fee, including non-service fees (goods/products/merchandise).
- Set Tax Tuition Fees to Yes only if you tax tuition (class fees).
- Set Tax Registration Fees to Yes only if you tax registration fees.
- Set Tax Rate to the appropriate tax rate percentage (Example: 8.7500).
- Enter a name for taxes in the Tax Label field. (Examples: Sales Tax, GST, etc.) This tax label will appear in sections of Jackrabbit where a tax label is generated. (If you don't enter a label, Jackrabbit will use the word Tax in areas where a label is generated.)
- Click Save Changes.
The settings above are only for fees and services. To edit tax charged on goods/products you sell using Jackrabbit's POS/Store functionality go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > General > Drop-down Lists (left menu) > Item Tax Rates. See the Store Set Up section for more information.