In order to send text messages through Jackrabbit, you must follow this 5-step process to set up a Plivo account and link it to your database.
Expand each section below for information to set up a Plivo account.
Step 1 - Create a Plivo Account
- Go to the Gear (menu) >Settings > General > Text Messages (left menu).
- Setup a Plivo account by clicking the link to www.Plivo.com.
- Complete the fields on the Sign Up for Free page and click Get Started!. You will receive confirmation that activation instructions have been emailed to you.
- Make a note of your Plivo account Username and Password for future reference.
Step 2 - Activate Account/Verify Phone Number
The email from Plivo provides a link to activate your Plivo account.
- Click the Activate your account link in the email.
- Enter your telephone number and click Send verification code or opt to receive the code via phone call.
- Enter the code and click Verify now. Plivo will confirm the verification.
Step 3 - Add your Credit Card to Plivo
- Click Account while logged into your Plivo account.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Enter your credit card information.
- Enter a Recharge Amount (this is your texting credit that will decrease as you send texts). The minimum amount is $25.
- Click Upgrade.
If you'd like Plivo to automatically charge your credit card when your texting credits get low, click the orange SETUP NOW button next to Auto Recharge on the dashboard. Check the Auto Recharge check box after upgrading your account.
Step 4 - Buy a Texting Number
You will need to buy at least one number from Plivo.
- Click API Platform while logged into your Plivo account,
- Select the Numbers tab.
- Click Buy Number.
- Search available numbers and select a number. You will receive confirmation from Plivo that the number was successfully purchased.
Step 5 - Link your Plivo Account to Jackrabbit
- Click API Platform while logged into your Plivo account.
- Click the Dashboard tab. The Auth ID is displayed on the right.
- Copy the Auth ID (Ctrl/C).
- Go to the Gear (menu) > Settings > General > Text Messages (left menu) in Jackrabbit and paste (Ctrl/V) the Auth ID into the Auth ID field.
- Click the Show check box for Auth Token in Plivo. After clicking this check box, copy the Auth Token (Ctrl/C).
- In Jackrabbit, point to Gear (menu) > Settings > General > Text Messages (left menu) and paste (Ctrl/V) the Auth Token into the Auth Token field.
- Be sure you've copied the Auth ID and the Auth Token exactly. Do not include any extra spaces.
- Click the Verify Plivo Account button in Jackrabbit. After your account has verified, you'll be ready to start sending text messages!
Jackrabbit Initial Plivo Settings
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How will I know when I'm low or out of texting credits?
A. When you are in the process of sending a text message or a group of texts, Jackrabbit will include an alert to let you know what your remaining Plivo balance is. Select Auto Recharge for your account so you will never run out of credits.
Q. How do I send a test text message with a trial version of Plivo?
A. If you are using a Plivo trial version, you can send a test text message to the phone number you used when you created your Plivo trial.
Go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > General > Text Messages > Send Test Text Message, enter the phone number you used for your Plivo trial setup and click Send Test Text Message.
Note: the option to send a test text is only available to users while in trial mode in Plivo. Add a credit card to Plivo to create a standard account for full texting capability.