There are several settings related to student makeups. They are located in the Student Settings section of Organization Defaults from Tools > Edit Settings.
The Eligible for Makeup when Absent setting allows you to define how a student's eligibility to make up a class is assessed.
- Select with Each Absence - for each student absence recorded, you will select whether the student is eligible to make up the missed class or not.
- Always Allow Makeups - when this is selected, all student absences are automatically marked eligible for makeup.
- Never Allow Makeups - when this is selected, there is no option to mark an absence as eligible for makeup.
Many businesses have a policy that students can take a makeup class within a certain time frame (such as 2 months). Jackrabbit offers the ability to save time and have the makeup eligibility automatically expire after a designated time frame. When the current date is later than the makeup expiration date, a makeup class cannot be scheduled.
A makeup expiration date can be edited, before the makeup eligibility has expired, to extend the date to accommodate for special situations, such as an extended illness.
There are three options for setting expiration dates:
- No expiration date - all makeups are eligible indefinitely, a student can always make up a missed class.
- Specified time limit - set the number of days, weeks, or months for makeup eligibility to expire. The eligibility expires at the end of the last day in the time frame.
- End of session date - a student's eligibility to make up a class expires at the end of the session the absence was recorded in.