In order to launch and log into the Staff Portal, to record time and/or manage their classes, a staff member must have 1 of the following:
- Staff Portal Login ID - A Staff Portal Login ID is used to access the Staff Portal only; it cannot be used to access your database. Staff who do not need to work with anything beyond class attendance, student skill management, and time clock should be assigned a Staff Portal Login ID as opposed to a Jackrabbit User ID. Using Staff Portal Login IDs protects your sensitive data such as contact and financial information.
- Jackrabbit User ID - A User ID allows access to your database and is controlled by user permissions. If you have a staff person who works in your database (has a User ID) and will also be using the Staff Portal to manage their classes, you can match their User ID to their staff record. The benefit to this is that they will be able to use the same username and password to work in your database and also to launch and log into the Staff Portal; they will not have to remember two sets of login information.
The first two steps of the guided setup will help you ensure that your staff access the Staff Portal with the appropriate login information.
Do you have staff who already log in to Jackrabbit and need Staff Portal Access?
The first step of the setup is to match any staff who already have User IDs to their staff record so they can use the same login information for both the Staff Portal and your database.
- Select the User ID from the drop-down next to a Staff Name to match the User ID to that staff person's record. Note: Revoked User IDs will not appear in the drop-down list.
- You do not have to match all staff to User IDs, match only as many as are required.
- SAVE and click OK in the confirmation window. Note: At this point you can opt to leave the setup and continue at a later time if desired.
- Click GO TO STEP 2: AUTO-ASSIGN PORTAL LOGIN ID → to advance to the next step. See Staff Portal Setup Step 2 - Auto Assign Portal Login ID.
If you have staff who have existing database User IDs that are already matched to their staff record, their User ID will be shown next to their name. You can 'un-match' them by selecting the blank value in the User ID drop-down (at the top of the list of users) and saving your changes. If the staff person will no longer need access to the database, and will only need access to the Staff Portal to manage their classes &/or time, you can then revoke their User ID (see Revoke or Unrevoke a User ID).