Watch a (1:29) video tutorial on Billing Methods
Jackrabbit offers two Billing Methods to give you flexibility in billing tuition for your classes:
- By Class Fee - Posts tuition based on the Tuition Fee assigned on the Summary tab of the Class record.
- By Total Hours - Posts tuition based on the Tuition Fee assigned on the Summary tab of the Class record in conjunction with a fee schedule you create to define discounts for multiple hours of instruction.
The Tuition Billing Method is assigned at the class level, on the Summary tab of the Class record. Each class can have only one Billing Method, however, you can use both Billing Methods and assign them to different classes. For example you may offer recreation classes that are billed by an assigned class fee at the same time as having competitive Team classes that are billed based on the total number of hours in class.
If you select only one Billing Method in your Tuition Settings, Jackrabbit will assign that method to each existing and future class and will hide the Tuition Billing Method field on the Class Summary tab.
- Use Edit All Classes from the Classes menu with the Search Criteria Class Tuition Billing Method set to = (No Value) to easily locate all classes that don't have a Billing Method assigned and be able to quickly edit them all from one screen.
- If you have assigned both Billing Methods to classes in your database, and you want to switch to use only one of the methods, you will first have to change all of your classes to the Billing Method you wish to use and then you will be able to select one Billing Method in your Tuition Billing Settings.
The quickest way to do this is:
1. Go to Classes > Edit All Classes > Use the Search Criteria to bring up only the classes that have the Billing Method you will NOT be using and then use the Global Change (yellow) area to change them all to the Billing Method you WILL be using. Save Changes.
2. Go to Tools > Edit Settings > Tuition Settings and select the Billing Method you wish to use. Changes are automatically saved.