Jackrabbit's Events Management feature is typically used for birthday parties, parent's night out, private (one time only) lessons, open houses, etc. Created events reside on the Event Calendar, and customers can use the Event Calendar to select an event and register.
Events are NOT Classes. Events are treated separately in Jackrabbit and on your website, and they function independently from classes.
Using Events, you can:
- Create a Calendar Notice (example: Studio Holiday Closing) that is viewable on the Calendar
- Create a type of event with standard information and multiple dates and times
- Choose whether to allow customers to register students or just the family
- Post an Event Calendar on your website
- Allow customers to register themselves into an event via your website
- Add questions specific to that registrants can optionally answer prior to submitting registration
- Add legalese specific to the event that must be accepted (e-signed) prior to submitting the registration
- Auto-post the Event Fee
- Email the Event registrant
There are seven permissions required to use all aspects of the Events feature. Go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > Users & Permissions to add or edit specific permissions for a user.
- Events Module: The master control for the Events pull-down menu. This must be checked to use any Event menu items.
- Add Event Types: Can add new events
- Delete Event Types: Can delete events
- Add Event Date and Time: Can add individual Event Date/Time entries
- Delete Event Date and Time: Can delete individual Event Date/Time entries
- Recital Module: Ability to edit & view recitals
- Delete Recital: Ability to Delete recitals