A customer purchased an item in the pro shop and paid by check. The item did not fit and is returned for a full refund to be issued using the organization's check #10201. The item will be added back to the inventory.
Process a Refund
- Click the R on the payment line.
- Change the Post Date if needed.
- Select check from the Refund Method drop-down and record the Refund Check #.
- Check the Merchandise item and leave the Refund Amt at 45.00.
- Leave the Return Qty set at 1 and click Next.
- Click Next in the Are Fees Still Due? window (store items cannot be marked as still due, and buttons will be inactive).
- Leave Add Back Qty on Hand checked in the Are Items Going Back Into Inventory? window because the item will be added back to the inventory.
- Click Submit Refund.
Store Transaction Tab View
- A Refund - Merchandise has been added for $45, and a Refund Adjustment has been added so that the store's balance is correct.
- The balance of the store account remains at $0.
- The R icon is no longer visible for the payment because it has been completely refunded.
Sales Detail Report View
The return of the item is recorded. (The Qty returned is added back to the item's Qty on Hand.)