If you already have your family and student information in another software system, we can assist you in importing it into your Jackrabbit database at no charge. Please see our Imports page for additional information on this process. Contact our Imports Team at email@example.com.
To manually enter your existing family data, and whenever you need to add a new family to your database, the most efficient method is to use the Quick Registration form.
This form is essentially the same as the Online Registration Form your parents will use to register from your website, but this form is used internally by your staff. Settings for the Quick Registration form follow the settings you choose for your Online Registration Form from the Gear (icon) > Settings > Online Registration.
When you are getting started, it is not necessary to customize the Online Registration/Quick Registration form. However, at a later time, it can be edited to include the fields that are important to your organization. See the Online Registration section for details on editing and customizing your registration form.
To add a new family to Jackrabbit:
- Go to the Families (menu) > Quick Registration.
- Enter the information for the family and students. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields.
- You can submit the form without selecting classes for students, or you can choose to select classes and enroll the students now. For more detailed information on enrolling a student during Quick Registration see the Help article Enroll a New Student into Classes using Quick Registration.
If you did not enroll a student during Quick Registration, there are several other ways to enroll students. For more details see our Help article Methods for Staff to Enroll a Student.
To accommodate different workflows, the Quick Registration form can also be accessed from the All Families page.
- Go to the Families (menu) > All Families.
- Click the Add New Family (icon).
- Click Use Quick Registration Form.