Whenever using email marketing, allow customers an opportunity to opt-out of receiving mass emails. Each contact and student has a Mass Email Opt-Out checkbox to indicate their preference for receiving mass emails from your Jackrabbit database.
The contact Mass Email Opt-Out checkbox is located on every Contact record. Check the box and Save Changes.
The student Mass Email Opt-Out checkbox is located in each Student record on the Summary tab. Check the box and Save Changes.
Emails sent to contacts and students from the Families (menu) > All Families > Send Message in Jackrabbit contain opt-out text and an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. The opt-out text and unsubscribe link are also included in the emails sent from an individual family record.
The opt-out link is NOT included in the following instances:
- Emails sent to your staff (this in an internal communication that does not require an opt-out option)
- Copies of your sent emails that are received by your organization
- Policy Agreement notifications received by your organization
- Online registration notifications received by your organization
- eCommerce/ePayment receipts
- Emailed statements
- Event email enrollment
Unsubscribe Link in Email
If the recipient of an email clicks the Unsubscribe link...
- They are offered the option of opting out (unsubscribing).
- If they select Please remove me from the mailing list and click Submit, the recipient will see a page confirming their opt-out of mass emails.
- You'll receive an email (to the email in Organization Defaults, Gear > Settings > General > Organization Defaults) > Email telling you the email address has chosen to opt-out of future mass emails.
- The contact (or student) page associated with the email address is automatically updated and the Mass Email Opt-Out checkbox is selected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I find out who has opted out to receive mass emails?
A. To locate who has opted out to receive mass emails filter in the All Families or All Students (menu):
- Go to one of the following:
- Families (menu) > All Families or Students (menu) > All Students.
- Click the Open filters (icon)> Communication Opt-Outs > Mass emails opt-out > set Contact opted-out from mass emails to Yes.
- Click Apply.
A list of the families or students that opted out from mass emails will populate in the grid.
It's possible to override the opt-out choice when sending emails from Families (menu) > All Families > Send Message (icon). In the Define audience pop-up window toggle right to Include people who've opted out of mass email?