A family paid a $100 competition fee with a Visa credit card. The student is not able to participate, and the family is eligible for a full refund. The refund cannot be issued back to the Visa because it has since been canceled. Organization check #420 will be issued. They have a $0.00 current balance. The family balance will remain at $0.00.
Process a Refund
- Click the R on the payment line.
- Click the Refund by Different Payment Method button. In the warning window, click the Record Refund in Jackrabbit Only button.
- Change the Post Date if needed and select the Refund Method (the Post Date and Refund Method are now editable).
- Optionally add a Note.
- Check the Competition Fee and leave the amount at 100.00. Click Next.
- Click Not Due in the Are Fees Still Due? window because the fee is no longer owed.
- Click Submit Refund.
Family Transaction Tab View
- A Refund - Competition Fee transaction has been added for $100.00 and is linked to the original payment and the original fee.
- A Refund Adjustment has been added so that the family's balance is correct. It is linked to the refund transaction.
- The family balance does not change.
- The R icon is no longer visible for the payment because it has been completely refunded.