A Jackrabbit database can maintain as many User IDs as needed. There is no limit to the number of Users that can be logged into the database at the same time (unlimited concurrent Users).
User IDs are managed from Manage Users & Permissions, under the Tools menu.
To add a User ID:
- Point to Tools and click Manage Users & Permissions.
- Click Add User.
- Enter a User ID. You will be alerted if that User ID is not available. If it isn't, enter another User ID until you are notified it is available. Note: Once added, the 'name' of the User ID cannot be changed. Instead, clone the User ID giving it the new name and then revoke the original User ID's login status.
- Enter a New Password and then Re-enter Password. For security, a password must contain:
- 9 characters
- 1 lowercase
- 1 uppercase
- 1 number
- Add a First Name, Last Name, and an Email for the User.
- Identify the Role the User performs. Multiple roles can be selected.
- Optionally you can Match (the User) to a staff person. If you use the Staff Portal and this User will also work in the Staff Portal, you can match their User ID to their Staff record. This allows them to share the one User ID/Password for both logging into your database and logging into the Staff Portal.
Once you have added the User ID, be sure to edit their User Permissions and add any User access restrictions (Locations or Category1) that may apply to the User.
To quickly add another User ID who will have the same User Permissions as the User ID you've just added, save time and use the Clone User option to create the new User ID.