A Jackrabbit database can maintain as many User IDs as needed. There is no limit to the number of users that can be logged into the database at the same time (unlimited concurrent users). Each Jackrabbit user must have her/her own unique User ID. Each enrollment, drop, and transaction entered by a User will have the specific User ID associated with it.
A User ID must be unique throughout Jackrabbit's entire application (meaning that the ID cannot be in use by any other Jackrabbit customer). When creating a User ID, Jackrabbit will advise if a duplicate has been selected. If this message is received, please try creating a different User ID.
When creating User IDs, Jackrabbit recommends the format of first initial and last name. Example: John Doe = jdoe. If this User ID format is already in use, try the full first name and last name. We recommend that a User ID be fairly short.
- To add users, point to Tools and click Manage Users & Permissions.
- Click the Add User button.
- Enter a New User ID and click the Is Available button to see if this ID is already in use.
- Enter a password and re-enter it. Jackrabbit suggests 12345 as the initial password as the User will be prompted to change the password when they login for the first time.
- Add a first name, last name, and an email address.