A family paid a tuition fee of $150.00 and a registration fee of $35 with their Discover card. They have withdrawn from the class and are eligible for a partial refund. They have a $0.00 current balance. The tuition fee of $150.00 will be refunded back to their Discover card. The family balance will not change.
Process a Refund
- Click the R on the payment line.
- The Post Date and Refund Method are pre-filled and cannot be edited for an ePayment refund (refund to card).
- Optionally add a Note.
- Check the Tuition Fee and leave the Refund Amt at 150.00. Note: If you were refunding a partial amount, you'd change the Refund Amt field. Because the registration fee is not being refunded, leave it unchecked.
- Click Next.
- Click Not Due in the Are Fees Still Due? window because the tuition fee is no longer owed. Note: The registration fee will be grayed out here because it was not selected to be refunded.
- Click Submit Refund. A confirmation of the transaction will appear with an approval or decline code.
Family Transaction Tab View
- A Refund - Tuition Fee transaction has been added for $150.00 and is linked to the original payment and the original fee.
- A Refund Adjustment has been added so that the family's balance is correct. It is linked to the refund transaction.
- The family balance does not change.
- The refund transaction ID and status are available in the ePmt column.
- The R icon is still visible for the payment because it has not been completely refunded.