The Post Tuition Fees feature includes a robust preview capability to give you peace of mind. Review the fees that are set to post based on the settings and criteria you've selected. Have the chance to make any necessary changes before you push the Post Now or Post Later button!
Preview Tuition Fees can also be used as a revenue forecasting tool...just because you preview it doesn't mean you have to post it!
The Preview Tuition Fees page has several features:
- A summary provides at a glance totals for the posting.
- When Advanced Detection is enabled in the Post Tuition Fees - Advanced Detection Settings, a legend will explain the highlighted fees. When you have opted to Post Now in the Post Tuition Fees - Post Setting, the legend will include options for working with several rows in the Post column at once to help you define whether or not the detected fees will be posted. Note: When you opt to Post Later, the Post column check boxes are disabled and the legend will not include options for working with multiple rows. Changes must be made on the main Post Tuition Fees page.
- The Post column indicates which fees are set to post. When you have opted to Post Now in the Post Tuition Fees - Post Setting, the check boxes in the Post column will reflect the selections you made in the Advanced Detection settings, however, they can be changed at this point if needed. When you opt to Post Later, the check boxes in the Post column are disabled.
- Hyperlinks are provided for quick access to the Family, Student, or Class records.
- In the Details column, click the information icon to see details of how the fees were calculated.
Once you have reviewed the tuition fees in the preview and are happy that everything is as it should be, it's time to post the fees.
The post option that displays is determined by the Post Tuition Fees - Post Setting you've selected.
|With the Post Now button, the tuition fees will post to your families on the spot. The fees are posted to the familys' accounts immediately and the current balance on their account is updated to include these fees.|
Once fees are posted to the accounts, you will see a green confirmation box. A link will take you to a listing of all the tuition fees that were completed and posted.
|The Post Later button opens the Schedule Tuition Fee Task modal where you'll define when and how often you want this posting to run.|
Learn more about Automated Tuition Fee Posting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I edit a posted class transaction if the wrong amount was entered?
A. Posted transactions can only be edited at the family level, individually (Family record > Transactions tab using the pencil icon). It is not possible to edit a batch of transactions all at once.
If you have mass posted a class fee and need to edit it you are better off deleting the batch (Transactions menu > Delete Transactions) and then re-posting it with the correct amount.
Q. How can I project income for the next month or year?
A. To get an idea of how much revenue you plan to collect within the next month, year, or any specified time frame of your choice, projected income can be found using Transactions > Post Tuition Fees. Select Search Criteria as you normally would when posting tuition and Preview Tuition Fees. The amount listed under Tuition Fees is the projected amount for the Billing Cycle you used.
Based on how often you bill your customers, you may need to take this a step further and multiply the amount listed under Tuition Fees. For example, if your Billing Cycle is monthly but you would like to project income for the year, multiple the amount listed by 12. Note: Projecting income does not account for new student enrollments or students that drop classes. This should be used as an estimate for future revenue.