A family paid cash for a T-shirt and a pair of tights. They have a $0.00 current balance. The shirt was returned defective and refunded in full with cash. The family balance will remain at $0.00. The shirt will not be put back into inventory.
Process a Refund
- Click the R on the payment line.
- Change the Post Date if needed.
- Select Cash from the Refund Method drop-down.
- Leave the Tights unchecked since they are not being refunded.
- Check the T-Shirt and leave the Return Qty set at 1 and click Next.
- Click Next in the Are Fees Still Due? window because Store items cannot be marked as still due.
- Uncheck Add Back to Qty on Hand because the item will not be added back to the inventory.
- Click Submit Refund.
Family Transaction Tab View
- A Refund - Merchandise has been added for $10.88, and a Refund Adjustment has been added so that the family's balance is correct.
- The family balance remains at $0.00.
- The R icon is still visible for the payment because it has only been partially refunded.
Sales Detail Report View
The return of the item is recorded (the Qty returned is not added back to the item's Qty on Hand).