- Family paid cash for a T-shirt and a pair of tights.
- The have a $0 balance.
- The tights were returned defective and refunded in full with cash.
- The family balance will remain at $0.
- The tights will not be put back into inventory.
- Click the R on the payment line.
- If needed change the Post Date.
- Select Cash from the Refund Method drop-down.
- Because the T-Shirt is not being refunded, leave it unchecked.
- Check the Tights and leave the Return Qty at 1.
- Click Next.
- Store items cannot be marked as still due. Click Next in the Are Fees Still Due? window.
- Because the item will not be added back to inventory uncheck Add Back to Qty on Hand.
- Click Submit Refund.
On the Family's Transactions tab ...
- A Refund - Merchandise has been added for $10.80 and a Refund Adjustment has been added so that the family's balance is correct.
- The family balance remains at $0.
- The R icon is is still visible for the payment because it has not been completely refunded.
On the Sales Detail store report ...
- The return of the item is recorded. (The Qty returned is not added back to the item's Qty on Hand.)