Your organization should assign a System Administrator to oversee your Jackrabbit database. Their User ID must be granted ALL User Permissions in order for them to manage the system.
Duties of the System Administrator include the following:
- Having a clear understanding of all aspects of Jackrabbit - how information is entered into the database and where it is located once entered.
- Training the organization's staff members in the use of Jackrabbit.
- Coordinating support requests with Jackrabbit's Support Team and distributing responses.
- Having a working knowledge of the organization structure - staffing, procedure, accounting practices, class set-up, etc.
- Understanding system users - how to create, revoke, un-revoke, etc.
- Understanding the needs of the organization's clients and their use of Jackrabbit's Online Registration and Parent Portal.
- Keeping abreast of Jackrabbit enhancements and training staff as needed.
To ensure the System Administrator's User ID has all permissions granted:
- Go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > Users & Permissions.
- Select the link for the User ID to open the User Details.
- Select User Permissions (left menu).
- Click Check All.
- Click Save Changes.
The changes will take affect once the User has logged out of Jackrabbit and then logged back in.