From the Families menu you can create an email to a group of families/contacts/students/staff (instructors).
- Go to Families (menu) > All Families.
- All your families will display in the grid.
- Use the Filter (icon), if applicable, to narrow down the family list.
- Leave the check boxes in the 1st column of the grid clear to select all families or check the boxes for the families to be included in the email.
- Click the Send a message (icon)and select Send Email.
- Define your audience in the pop-up window.
- Click NEXT: ADD'L SETTINGS.
- Click the toggle to include people who have opted out of mass emails.
- Select additional recipients to receive the email when applicable*.
- Choose who to send replies to*.
*Drop-down email addresses are located under the User ID (Gear icon > Settings > General > User IDs > Manage Users).
- Click NEXT: COMPOSER to create the email.
- Compose the email. Select an Email Template if applicable.
- We recommend you compose your email in the Jackrabbit email editor. If you copy/paste from another application (ie. Microsoft Word) there may be hidden code that will affect the way your email appears to your intended recipient.
- Choose a Type (Email - HTML or Email - Plain Text Email) and enter an Email Subject Line.
- Enter the message body or edit the template body if needed.
- Click Attach File, Insert Image, or Choose from Dropbox to attach files and add images if needed. See Email Attachments and Images for more details.
- Click Preview List.
- Uncheck any families you want to omit. You can clear the Check All header checkbox to remove every email address and then select only specific families.
- Click Send Now to send the email right away or select Send Later to schedule the email to be sent at a later time. See the section Schedule an Email for more information.
Emails sent to contacts and students will be retained in the family email history for 180 days (Misc tab > View Sent Emails).