You do not have the ability to recover deleted payments, so be absolutely certain deleting is necessary before proceeding. If a payment is deleted in error, use the Jackrabbit Helpbutton to submit a Support ticket.
- Deleting a payment is a sensitive task and a User must have the correct User ID permissions. To update permissions, see Set/Edit User ID Permissions. A User without the correct permissions will not see the Trash Can icon in the transactions grid.
Category User Permission Controls Families Delete Transaction Ability to delete a single transaction on the Transaction tab. See Delete Transactions and Delete Tuition Fees under Transactions for mass deletes. Transactions Delete E-commerce Transaction Can delete payments processed through an e-commerce gateway.
- Payments must be deleted individually.
- If the payment is linked to any fee(s), deleting it will mark the related fee(s) unpaid.
Delete a Payment
- On the family's Transactions tab, locate the payment you'd like to delete.
- Click the Trash Can icon to the left of the payment.
- In the Delete Transaction window, optionally add a Comment/Reason. This note is visible when you search User activity located under the
Reports (menu) > Find Reports > Search User Activity.
- Select Delete.
For instructions on deleting payments due to bounced checks, see Record an NSF (Bounced Check).