Prior to posting costume fees using Modules > Costume Management, ensure that a costume is assigned to a class and has a unit price, list price, and deposit amount entered. If costumes are not yet assigned, create one 'generic' costume to be used as a placeholder for each class. Once costumes are assigned, replace the generic costume with the correct costume information.
Assign a Costume to a Class
In order to use Modules > Costume Management > Post Deposit/Balance (left menu), a costume must be assigned to each class, however, many studios accept costume deposits before picking costumes for each class.
- Point to Classes (menu) and select a class from All Classes.
- Click the Costume tab.
- Click Add Costume.
- Enter a generic costume name and enter the deposit amount in the Add Costume window.
- Click Save.
- Go to the next class that has the same deposit amount, and in the Costume tab, use the Add Existing Costume button to copy the generic costume to this class.
- Follow these steps until all classes have been assigned a 'costume placeholder' and a deposit amount. (You may leave Unit Cost & List Price blank at this time.)
- When costumes have been chosen, return to each class and replace the 'placeholder costume' with the correct costume details, including the correct Vendor Size Chart, List Price and the Unit Price.
- Once the correct costume is entered with a List Price and a Unit Price you can post a costume deposit.
Post a Costume Fee/Deposit
- Go to Modules > Costume Management.
- Select Post Deposit/Balance from the left menu.
- Select either Deposit or Balance.
- In the Order Criteria section, choose Classes, Category, Session, Instructor as applicable.
- In the Transaction Details to Post section, include a Transaction Date, Transaction Type, Transaction Sub-Type (if applicable), and / or Category 1.
- If Sales Tax should be calculated and added, check Calculate and Post Sales. Sales Tax can only be added when posting a balance, however, the sales tax is calculated on the full List Price.
- Click View Class Items.
- Review the listing. Uncheck the Post Fees column check box for any class you want to omit from the posting.
- Click Post Deposit Fees (if posting deposits) or Post Balance (if posting balances).
- If posting a costume deposit, Jackrabbit will enter the Deposit Amount entered on the Costume Item found on the Class Costume tab.
- If posting a costume balance, Jackrabbit will calculate the List Price minus the Deposit Amount and enter the balance remaining.
Use Post Class Transactions to Post Costume Deposits/Balances
It is also possible to post Costumes Deposits/Balances by class using Transactions > Post Transactions > Class Transactions. This process is more time-consuming because it is necessary to post fees by each class. See Post Class Transactions (Non-Tuition).