Watch a (1:50) video tutorial for a Time Clock Overview
Jackrabbit's Time Clock feature is designed to assist your organization in managing employee hours and preparing for payroll processing. It consists of two elements:
- Clocking Time: Staff enter and track their hours worked through the Staff Portal.
- Administering Staff Hours: A Jackrabbit User administers the information in your database.
To enable the Time Clock feature point to Staff Portal, drop down to Settings and select Portal Settings. In the Features section check the box next to Time Clock and Save Changes. The remote access setting is covered in more detail in the Time Clock Settings section.
The Time Clock offers the following:
- Departments that act as “buckets” for staff hours
- Multiple methods of time entry
- Location and Department per time entry
- Hour Type (regular, overtime, holiday, sick, vacation, PTO)
- Staff Pay Rates
- Time entry approval, at either individual or department level
- Optional “Time Buffer” that adds to scheduled class hours to identify overages between actual hours and scheduled class hours
- Export total hour information to QuickBooks or Express Payroll.
- Estimate of Gross Wages
Jackrabbit's Clock does not: calculate overtime wages with a multiplier (time and a half, double time, etc.), calculate any withholding, deductions or payroll taxes, or process payroll.