You and your customers require and deserve a secure environment to protect your information. Jackrabbit is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your data.
All Your Data is Encrypted
Jackrabbit is committed to data security with respect to information collected and maintained on our site(s). To help protect confidential information, we support the ability to encrypt all data. Encryption is the process where software is used to scramble confidential information in transit to and from Jackrabbit.
Through Jackrabbit, you are asking your customers for sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, etc. Our SSL Certificate (GoDaddy) uses advanced encryption to prevent potential hackers from accessing this data.
Click below to verify Jackrabbit's Certificate Status
Jackrabbit utilizes a TLS 1.2 security protocol and meets the latest PCI compliance standards effective June 30, 2018. This protocol is an industry-standard designed to protect the privacy of information communicated over the Internet.
Actions to Take
Although there is zero risk to your Jackrabbit data, we encourage you to recognize that access to your database depends on a secure internet connection, and of course, there is always the risk of human error.
We recommend the following to help limit risk:
- Establish good password management for your staff and create strong passwords.
- Consider using a password manager or password vault.
- Never share login information.
- Give User permissions sparingly. See Protect Your Account - Guidelines for User Permissions for more info.
- Reset passwords frequently.
- Use an email specific to you and the one associated with your UserID.
- Consider creating data backups by exporting family, class, and event data to excel on a weekly or monthly basis.
Contact Jackrabbit Support if you have additional questions or concerns.