When you use the ePayments Wizard to get set up for ePayments, the second step is to work with your credit card and bank account settings. If you have already completed the ePayments Wizard, access these settings from the Gear (icon) > Settings > ePayment using the Credit Card & Bank Account Settings click the Manage Settings option.
|l||Cards Accepted||l||Online Registration Settings||l||Parent Portal Settings|
The Payment Partner page in Credit Card & Bank Account Settings displays contact information for your Payment Partner and gives you quick access to your Virtual Terminal.
You select which cards you would like to accept for ePayments. Jackrabbit offers the option to maintain up to three credit cards on file for each family. One card can be selected as the customer's Primary Card (the card that the family considers their main credit card and the card that is used in Transactions > Process ePayments).
If you want to allow your families to store up to three credit cards on their account set Allow 3 credit cards per family/account to Yes. See Multiple Cards per Family for more information.
These settings control what credit cards you allow to be entered in Jackrabbit and affect your Online Registration Form and the Parent Portal. An error message will be received if a family attempts to use a card that is not accepted.
The settings selected in the above image will display like this:
|Online Registration Form|
|In the Parent Portal|
If you make any changes with your Payment Partner regarding the payment types you accept be sure to update these check boxes.
If you will use, or already use, Online Registration for your new customers, decide whether your customers will be required to enter a credit card or bank account information.
- Set either Credit card required? or Bank account required? to No to hide the related fields on your Online Registration Form.
- If both Credit card required? and Bank account required? are set to Yes, choose if only one is required or if both payment methods must be entered.
If you will use, or already use, the Parent Portal for your existing customers, decide whether your customers will be able to update credit card or bank account information. The same options are available for credit card or bank account.
- Select View Only to allow your customers to see the payment information, but not edit or delete it.
- When credit card or bank account information is Hidden, customers are not able to see any payment information.
- Select Can Update* to allow your customers to add and edit payment information in their portals.
*If you allow multiple credit cards per family the following is true:
- If only one card is on file, the card can be updated but cannot be deleted.
- If two cards are on file, only one can be deleted, and if the Primary Card is deleted, the remaining card becomes the Primary Card.
- If three cards are on file, only two cards can be deleted. If the Primary Card is deleted, the parent must choose a Primary Card from the remaining cards or add a new card and make it the Primary Card.
To allow your customers to make payments in their portals your your Parent Portal settings. See the Fees & Payments Settings of the Help article Set Up the Parent Portal for more information.
The final step in the ePayments Wizard takes you through the set up of your ePayment email notifications (receipts).