- Family paid for tuition fee and purchased a t-shirt but was charged for two t-shirts in error.
- They have a $0 balance.
- One t-shirt ($20) will be refunded using the organization's check #10300.
- The family balance will remain at $0.
- Nothing will be added back to inventory.
- Click the R icon on the payment line.
- If needed, change the Post Date.
- Select Check from the Refund Method drop-down and record the Refund Check #.
- Because the tuition fee is not being refunded, leave it unchecked.
- Check the Merchandise and change the Return Qty to 1. The Refund Amt will adjust to 20.00.
- Click Next.
- Store items cannot be marked as still due and the tuition fee was not selected for refund. Click Next in the Are Fees Still Due? window.
- Because the item will be added back to inventory leave Add Back Qty on Hand checked in the Are Items Going Back Into Inventory? window.
- Click Submit Refund.
On the Family's Transactions tab ...
- A Refund - Merchandise has been added for $20 and a Refund Adjustment has been added so that the family's balance is correct.
- The family balance remains at $0.
- The R icon is is still visible for the payment because it has not been completely refunded.
On the Sales Detail store report ...
- The return of the t-shirt is recorded. (The Qty returned has been added back to the item's Qty on Hand.)