A family had a recital fee and a costume fee that they paid with one check. They have a $0.00 current balance. The family is not able to participate in the recital. Only the costume fee will be refunded using the organization's Check #152. The recital fees are non-refundable. The family balance will not change.
Process a Refund
- Click the R on the payment line.
- Change the Post Date if needed.
- Select Check from the Refund Method drop-down and record the Refund Check #.
- Add a Note for reference.
- Check the Costume Fee and leave the amount at 65.00. Leave the recital fee unchecked. Click Next.
- Click Not Due in the Are Fees Still Due? window because the family no longer owes the $65.00 costume fee.
- Click Submit Refund.
Family Transaction Tab View
- A Refund - Costume Balance transaction has been added for $65.00 and is linked to the original payment and the original fee.
- A Refund - Adjustment has been added so that the family's balance is correct. It is linked to the refund transaction.
- The family balance does not change.
- The R icon is still visible for the payment because it has only been partially refunded. It is possible to go back to the payment and refund the other fee at a later date if needed.