A family owes $100.00 for a competition fee in March but paid that fee in error in December. They have a $0.00 current balance. The entire amount will be refunded using the organization's Check #4221. The family still owes the fee in March so the balance will increase to $100.00.
Process a Refund
- Click the R icon on the payment line.
- Change the Post Date if needed.
- Select Check from the Refund Method drop-down and record the Refund Check #.
- Add a Note for reference.
- Check the Competition Fee and leave the amount at 100.00. Click Next.
- Because the family still owes the $100.00 competition fee, mark the fee Due box in the Are Fees Still Due? window.
- Click Submit Refund.
Family Transaction Tab View
- A Refund - Overpayment transaction has been added and is linked to the original payment.
- The family balance is increased to $100.00.
- The R icon is no longer visible for the payment because it has been completely refunded.
- The competition fee is unlinked and still owed.