Once you have linked an Event Calendar to your website, here are the typical "steps" of an online Event Registration:
- Each Event with a status of "Open" is shown with a live link.
- When your customer clicks the live link, the Event Registration form will launch. (NOTE: existing customers should begin in their Portal and go to the Event Registration tab to access the Calendar).
- The Event Registration launches. It will allow for Family or Student Enrollment, depending on the setting in your database. It has its own Legal Policies and a Questions section that you created. For instructions on setting up these sections please refer to the Events section in the How To Guide portion of this site.
- Your customer will fill out the form with the family/contact/student information, answer any questions you have established, agree to the Event legal policies, provide payment information and then hit Submit at the bottom of the form.
- An email notification containing all the details is sent to the customer, and also to you/your staff (via the "Notification Email" indicated on the Event Type page).
- Information that the parent types into the Event "Additional Information" text box on the Event Online form will be shown in the notification email that your Organization receives.
The Event Registration/enrollment is logged/stored/archived in the Family Misc tab under the "View Registrations" button. Click the View link to see the registration information.
You can find the Events calendar under the Events (menu) > Calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I don't see some events listed on my calendar, what should I do?
A. If an event date & time is not listed on your event calendar, check the following:
- What is the Event Status? Only Events with an Open, Notice or Unavail status will display on the Event Calendar (unless you have chosen the setting for Booked Events to also display).
- Is Display on Website set to Yes in the Event Type Summary tab? This must be set to Yes in order for the Event to display on your website's Event Calendar.
- Is Display on Internal Calendar set to Yes? This must be set to Yes in order for the Event to display on your database's internal calendar.
Q. Can I automatically add the tax to Event Fees?
A. Yes, go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > General > Organization Defaults (left menu) > Tax Settings (section) and set Tax Tuition Fees to Yes.
Q. Why can't I make the check box event questions required?
A. As a question, a check box type has 2 possible answers; unchecked (clear) says one thing, and checked (selected) says another. You can't require registrants to select the check box because leaving it blank is actually one of the possible answers.
If you want to make questions required it's best to ask yes/no questions.