Watch a (2:13) video tutorial on Manage the Time Clock - Export to Express Payroll
To utilize this option, you must be an Express Payroll client. Jackrabbit recommends Express Payroll due to the flexibility of unlimited custom pay rates which support Jackrabbit Departments. Jackrabbit can create a CSV file to export at the end of each pay period. This file is specifically formatted to enable import into the Express Payroll payroll system.
- Point to Staff Portal in the menu bar, select Time Clock and click Export to Payroll. Tip: There is also an Export to Payroll button on the Close Pay Period page.
- Select a Location and a Pay Date from the drop down choices.
- Click Export/Edit CSV File.
- Open the file and select the option to save the file to your computer. Tip: Create a special folder on your desktop for this.
- Click Email File to Express Payroll. In the Email Express Payroll pop-up box, notice the Subject Line includes the name of the Org, Org ID, and the Pay Period Ending Date. This line is not editable.
- Add a message if applicable. For example, you can enter any pay rate changes and other important information in the message area.
- Select applicable email addresses for Send Additional Emails To. We recommend that you include your own email address, so you can keep a copy for your records.
- Click Send.