The Parent Portal is a great tool to have your customers agree to your legal policies on an annual basis or renew their agreement if you change your current policies. You can control the settings that determine when this is needed.
Jackrabbit captures your parent's agreement and stores it. Your attorney can advise you as to how often you should update your policies or require new agreements.
Registration information is stored in Jackrabbit for up to 5 years. There is a fee to retrieve records older than 5 years. We recommend you renew your legal policies annually with your families so you will always have current e-signatures on file.
To set up or edit your policies go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > Online Registration and select Agreement Text (Legalese). See our Help article Online Registration Form - Agreement Text (Legalese) for more information.
Whenever a NEW customer registers online coming in via the Online Registration Form, your current legal policies are displayed at the bottom of the registration form and they must agree to each one by checking the boxes and typing their full name, which Jackrabbit stores for your easy access.
Renew Policy Agreements
There are a few circumstances where you may need to have EXISTING customers renew their agreement to your policies:
- When you first begin with Jackrabbit and have your existing customers imported, you should have them log into their Parent Portal to agree to your policies so that it is captured and stored.
- When you use the Quick Registration feature, where your staff completes the registration directly in Jackrabbit, you can require that the customers use the Parent Portal to provide their agreements.
- If you change your policies or add new policies, you can require all of your customers to renew their agreements in the Parent Portal.
To prompt your parents to renew their agreements when they log into their Portal, use the Policies Agreement Date (Gear icon > Settings > Parent Portal > Settings tab > Family/Student Information).
Use the current date or a past date (such as the date you started with Jackrabbit and added your policies or the last time you edited/changed your policies, or your most recent past annual renewal date such as Jan 1.
When a date is entered, all families who have not agreed to the policies on or after that date will be prompted to agree when logging into the Parent Portal. Note: If a Future Date is used, all parents entering the Portal will be prompted to re-agree to the policies until that date is reached.
When a parent logs into the Portal and has not agreed since the date entered above (or has never agreed), they will immediately be presented with the Policy Renewal alert that advises them that they need to renew their agreements.
|Policy Renewal Prompt|
|When they click Renew Policies they are taken to the Policies tab (this can also be accessed from the Billing & Payments link in the top menu or from the sidebar menu > Account).|
To view the details of each agreement:
When all policies have been agreed to, a confirmation that the policies are now up to date will briefly display.
View Policy Agreements
In the Parent Portal
From the right sidebar menu the parent is able to view their agreement from the sidebar menu > Messages. It will have a Subject of Agreement and a Type of Registration.
Notification by Email
A notification of the agreement is emailed to both the parent and also to your organization (will be received in the address designated as the the "Reply to" and "Send Alert to" Email Address in your Portal Settings (Gear icon > Settings > Parent Portal > Settings tab > Communication).
View In Jackrabbit - Family Record
From the Family record > Misc tab, click View Registrations. Locate the agreement and use the View link to see the details.
The date of the family's Last Policy Agreement Date is also located in the Family record > Misc tab.
Parent Portal Log
The Parent Portal Log (Reports menu > Find Reports > Family/Students Reports > Families tab > Parent/Portal Log) will also list information relating to policy agreements.
Send Families Email Request to Renew Policy Agreement
You can quickly email all families that need to renew their agreements.
- Go to the Families (menu) > All Families.
- Use the Open filters (icon)> Contracts, Policies, Agreements & Messages > Policies.
- Set Has Agreed to Policies? to Yes.
- Select a date for Has not agreed to to a Policy since...
- Click Apply. The families that have not agreed to your policies from the date specified will populate in the grid.
- Click the Send a message (icon)and select Send Email.
- Select Primary Contacts and Billing Contacts and deselect all others.
- Click NEXT: ADD'L SETTINGS.
- Click the toggle to include people who have opted out of mass emails.
- Select additional recipients to receive the email when applicable*.
- Choose who to send replies to*.
*Drop-down email addresses are located under the User ID (Gear icon > Settings > General > User IDs > Manage Users).
- Click NEXT: COMPOSER to create the email. Include a link to your Parent Portal in the email to make it easy for the parents to log into their portals and agree.
Refer to Email Families for additional details.
Jackrabbit abides by the Electronic Signatures Act signed in 2000 which considers online submissions binding. Read more about the ESIGN Act in Wikipedia. We recommend that you confirm procedures with your insurance agent and attorney. The email notification with time and date stamp falls under the criteria of this Electronic Signatures Act and allows you to consider Online Registrations and Portal agreements binding.