You have the option of adding availability (standard hours worked) and exceptions (blocks of time that override standard hours - i.e. vacation, etc.) for instructors. The Availability/Exceptions feature prevents the necessity of creating empty 'placeholder' classes to indicate when an instructor is available by adding visual color-coding on the Day View Calendar. See Calendars/Schedules.
A user must have the Availability permission in the Staff section to see the Availability tab. See System Management: Manage Users for more information.
- Go to the Staff (menu) > Active Staff.
- Select the staff member to modify.
- Click Add Std Hours and complete the fields under the Standard Available Hours section.
- Click Add Exceptions and complete the fields under the Exceptions section.
- Click Save Changes when done.