The Deposit Slip is a revenue report that is most commonly used to show payments received over a specified date range organized by payment method.
Get to this report from the Reports menu > Find Reports > Transactions/Financials (left menu) > Recommended (tab).
- Reconcile your bank accounts using this report.
- Generate a deposit slip to include with your bank deposits for cash and check payments.
- Run the report by Jackrabbit User to settle your cash drawer each shift.
Save this as a frequently used report! Click the Heart iconnext to a report name, the heart will change to redand the report will be listed under the Reports menu > My Reports for quick and easy access!
Use the Search Criteria to define the report results.
- Leaving a field blank is the same as saying "all". For example, leaving the Payment Method criteria blank will show payments made by all payment methods.
- Some fields allow multiselection. Use ctrl (cmd for Mac) to select multiple values.
A subheading can be added in this section to customize your report under the Display Settings.
- Add an optional subheading to add a description to the report title.
- When working with a range of dates, simplify bank reconciliation by sorting by Date vs. by Family.
- It is a recommended best practice to set Show each Transaction to Yes so that each individual transaction displays. When set to No, transactions in the same family are grouped together into one line item, which condenses the report but can make reconciling your bank difficult.
- The default format for the report is PDF; however, you can select a different format. Choose from Excel, HTML, Word, Text, or Tiff.
As an example, this Deposit Slip report was generated based on the Search Criteria and Display Settings selected in the screenshots in this article.
It shows, for all Locations, the cash and check (Payment Method) payment transactions (Type) recorded by User ID barnhardth (Recorded by User) between August 25th and August 28th.