Jackrabbit allows you to create as many locations as you need for your database. Locations were originally intended for organizations that have multiple physical locations, however, some customers set up locations based on programs they offer (e.g. children's activity centers that offer dance, gymnastics, karate, etc).
Multiple Locations in One Database
If you decide to have more than one Location in your database there are some important things to consider:
- Your Executive Dashboard shows all locations. You can see revenue, enrollment, alerts, and much more at a quick glance for all of your families, regardless of location.
- Organizational settings only have to be set up one time. This includes your logo, email notifications, users, staff, online registration, parent portal, and staff settings.
- Families have one Parent Portal to log into, making it easy for parents to enroll their students and keep their accounts up to date.
- All of your families will have the same set of legalese (policies). You do not have to create multiple sets of policies for each location, making it simple for you!
- All Location drop-downs throughout your database are listed alphabetically by Location Code (not name). There is no option to change this sorting at this time.
Email Notification Settings
When there are multiple Locations in a single database, you can choose either to use the Location email address or assign a specific email address, to receive email alerts when new families register online or existing families use their Parent Portals to register students, make payments, update contact and student information, etc. See Email Notification Settings for more information.
Online Registration & Parent Portal with Multiple Locations
When a family registers online, their Location value is determined by either the Location of the first selected class or, if there is no class enrollment with the registration, by the first alphabetical Location in your database.
It is important to know how Locations affect revenue reporting when locations are close together and families can be enrolled in classes at both locations:
- The QuickBooks export from Jackrabbit does not break down by location. You should export separately, for each individual location, to complete your deposit and reconcile.
- If you are set up for multi-location ePayments, the payments received from families will be deposited into the bank account assigned to the family location.
- If you have a multi-location, multi-gateway account, this affects the family’s card on file. If you need to change the family’s location from Location 1 to Location 2, you must delete the credit card, change the family’s location, then re-enter the credit card.
Multiple Locations with Separate Jackrabbit Accounts
You may want to consider having more than one Jackrabbit account if a single database with multiple locations creates reporting problems and/or your organization has any of the following concerns:
- Your organization covers multiple states with different tax rates (if you do not tax tuition or other class-related fees, this would only apply to store items you may have if you charge tax).
- Your locations have different pay periods.
- Each location needs to be branded with a different logo, online registration form, legal policies, parent portal, etc.
- While store reports can be pulled by database locations, you cannot pull reports by store account. It is, essentially, one store per database.