Jackrabbit integrates with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, allowing you to save time by exporting your data from Jackrabbit into your QuickBooks company account.
Jackrabbit and QuickBooks each play a different role in your organization's accounting and tracking of business activities, however, and it's important to know who is who.
- Jackrabbit is a Class Management and Accounts Receivable software.
- QuickBooks is an Accounting software.
- Classes, students and enrollment, families, and staff are tracked in Jackrabbit, as well as tuition and other fees and customer payments.
- QuickBooks tracks business expenses, balance sheet accounts, accounts payable (vendors), payroll, and more.
- Jackrabbit exports financial data (income, deposits, and accounts receivable) to both Online & Desktop versions of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Desktop and Online import financial data from Jackrabbit into your Chart of Accounts.
- Time clock hours can be exported to QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Desktop imports time data into employee weekly timesheets.
The integration between Jackrabbit and QuickBooks Desktop behaves differently than the integration with QuickBooks Online.
Let's have a look:
- To get set up, you will associate each Jackrabbit Cat1 with a QuickBooks account from your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts.
- The Jackrabbit export creates an IIF file that includes the payment transactions and the associated Category 1s for the exported date range.
- In QuickBooks, the IIF file is imported and a general journal entry is created in the QuickBooks company file.
Learn more about Exporting Revenue to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your authorization allows Jackrabbit to connect to QuickBooks Online to share data through a secure internet connection.
- You will associate each Jackrabbit Cat1 to an account in the QuickBooks Online Chart of Accounts that populates into Jackrabbit once connected.
- When connected to your QuickBooks company file, the export is transmitted as soon as you select your criteria and click the Export button.
Learn more about Exporting Revenue to QuickBooks Online.
Time Clock / Payroll Integration
- During a one-time setup, you will verify and adjust your QuickBooks Desktop payroll settings.
- The Jackrabbit export creates an IIF file that includes the time clock data for the selected Pay Date.
- In QuickBooks, the IIF file is imported and the hours are added to the employee timesheets.
Learn more about Exporting Time to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Time cannot be exported to QuickBooks Online.