In the Organization Default Settings, there are several settings for Time Zone and Dates.
- Go to the Gear (icon) > Settings > General > Organization Defaults (left menu) > Time & Date Settings.
- Select the Date Format for your organization. Jackrabbit uses the US standard date format of mm/dd/yyyy throughout the database and it is not possible at this time to use another format inside the database. You can, however, choose dd/mm/yyyy for external (customer) views such as on the Online Registration form: student birth date or on customer statements.
- Verify your Time Zone to ensure that all financial transactions and enrollment records use your area's correct date and time.
Note: Jackrabbit defaults to Eastern Time - US/Canada if this setting is not changed.
- Verify the dates if you observe daylight savings time and update if needed.
- Click Save Changes on the upper left of the page.
Time and Date Settings are very important in Jackrabbit and should not be skipped during your Getting Started setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. We use the UK date format of dd/mm for our data. If I decide to import my data, will that be a problem?
A. Jackrabbit uses the US format of mm/dd. We should be able to convert the dates into US format for you. Realize that inside your database, all dates will be presented in US format of mm/dd/yyyy. If we have trouble converting your dates we will let you know.