To accommodate different workflows, Jackrabbit offers several ways to post tuition fees.
One of the ways a tuition fee can be posted to an individual family within Jackrabbit is from their Family record using the Make Sale/Post Fees button.
Tuition fees posted from the Make Sale/Post Fees button are not automatically discounted or prorated per your Tuition Settings; calculations must be done manually.
To post tuition fees using the Make Sale/Post Fees button
- In the Family record, click Make Sale/Post Fees.
- The Family Details section of the Make Sale/Post Fees window is auto filled with the family's information. The date defaults to the current date; change the date if needed.
- Go to the Post Fees section.
- Enter the details for the tuition fees you want to post. An unlimited number of fees can be entered; additional fee lines are added automatically as you enter fees.
- The following fields are required (*): Location (if you have multiple locations in Jackrabbit), Type (Transaction), and Category 1.
- Optional fields allow you to add important details: SubType, Session, Student, Class/Event and Note.
- Enter the Orig Amount and calculate any discounts.
- In the Sale Summary section, select either option to save the fee.
- If you click Save Fee, you are returned to the Transactions tab in the family's record.
- If you click Save Fee & Pay Now, the Payment Transaction Entry window opens allowing you to post the payment.