To accommodate different workflows, Jackrabbit offers several ways to post tuition fees.
One of the ways a tuition fee can be posted to an individual family within Jackrabbit is using the Make Sale/Post Fees page. When accessed from a Family record using the Make Sale/Post Fees (button), the page will open pre-filled with the family's address and their current balance. A link is provided to quickly access their transaction history.
You can also navigate to a generic Make Sale/Post Fees page from the Transactions (menu) > Post Fees to a Family; this can be used for an individual family or a store account which is selected on the page using a search field.
Tuition fees posted from the Make Sale/Post Fees button are not automatically discounted or prorated per your Tuition Settings; calculations must be done manually. To post tuition with the automated calculations use Post Tuition Fees, from the Transactions menu, and use the Family Criteria section to select the individual family to post tuition fees for.
To post tuition fees using the Make Sale/Post Fees button
- In the Family record, click Make Sale/Post Fees.
- The Family Details section of the Make Sale/Post Fees window is auto filled with the family's information. The date defaults to the current date; change the date if needed.
- Go to the Post Fees section.
- Enter the details for the tuition fees you want to post. An unlimited number of fees can be entered; additional fee lines are added automatically as you enter fees.
- The following fields are required (*): Location (if you have multiple locations in Jackrabbit), Type (Transaction), and Category 1.
- Optional fields allow you to add important details: SubType, Session, Student, Class/Event and Note.
- Enter the Orig Amount and calculate any discounts.
- In the Sale Summary section, select either option to save the fee.
- If you click Save Fee, you are returned to the Transactions tab in the family's record.
- If you click Save Fee & Pay Now, the Payment Transaction Entry window opens allowing you to post the payment.