Throughout Jackrabbit you will see grids, sometimes referred to as tables. These grids display the data you have entered into your Jackrabbit system. The grids are powerful - allowing you to group, sort, filter for specific information, and more. Note: Not all features are available in every grid throughout Jackrabbit.
Expand each section below to see a sample grid and to review how to use grids.
View a Sample Grid
1 - Breadcrumb Bar displays the currently selected filters.
2 - Drag and drop a Column Header into the Grouping Bar to group results.
3 - Click a Row Menu to open action items for the selected row.
4 - Page number displays up to 250 items per page.
5 - Filters have been applied when the column menu changes to blue.
6 - Column Menu sorts and/or filters the data in a column (options in this menu vary depending on the type of grid).
7 - Manage Certifications opens the Drop-down List Editor to edit (for the Certifications page only).
8 - Send Message and Add New icons (depending on the page you are on these may not be displayed).
9 - Slider shows more columns in the grid.
Group Your Data
Drag and drop column headers to the grouping bar to create groups within your report.
- Click on the column title in the grouping bar to re-sort the column in ascending or descending order.
- When multiple columns are added to the grouping bar, the first column on the left is the first level of grouping. The second column added to the grouping bar will group the rows within the first column, etc.
- Click and drag the column headers left or right within the grouping bar to change the order.
- Use the X in the column header to clear a column from the grouping bar.
Filter Data in the Grid
There are multiple ways you can sort and filter data in a grid. Select the sorting options that work best for you:
You can reorder the columns in a grid by clicking and dragging them to the spots you want them in. Double arrowheads indicate where the column will drop (behind the arrowheads).
Click on the column header to sort in ascending or descending order. An arrow displays to show the current sorting order; no arrow indicates that no sorting has been done on the column.
|Use the column menu to access the sorting options for each column.|
|Multi-sort columns in the grid, for example:|
Take a Single Action
Each grid is designed to provide ease of use and to simplify different actions you may want to take. These single actions allow you to edit a single row, delete a single row, add additional data for the selected row, and link to take additional actions.
|Click on the Row Menu to work with individual rows in the grid. Depending on which page you are on in Jackrabbit, you will see different options:|
Note: the row menu actions offered will vary between the different grids in Jackrabbit.
Click the Add New icon to open a pop-up window to add new data. This icon is visible depending on which grid you are viewing, for example, on the Staff Certifications page Add New Certificate window opens or on the All Families page an Add New Family window opens.
If any rows are selected in the grid, an Add New icon will not be visible.
Perform a Mass Action
Mass actions allow you to work with multiple rows in the grid at one time. Note: Each page in a grid displays a maximum of 250 rows of data.
|Click Send Message to open the email editor and send an email.|
|When one or more rows in a grid are selected, use the More icon to access actions that can be taken with multiple records at once. The options available will differ between grids, e.g., in All Families you can update Family Fixed Fees, Family Discounts, Clear UDF Answers, and more.|
Some of the grids in Jackrabbit have visual elements, referred to as data visuals. Click on the sections of the visual to see the information populate in the grid results.
In addition, there is a filter drawer to make additional selections that narrow down results in the grid. Within the filter drawer, the criteria are organized into sections. Use the search field at the top of the drawer to locate a specific criteria and be taken directly to the matching filter. Use the Expand All link to open all sections or the arrow next to each section header to open individual sections. Click the Apply button to filter the data in your grid using the criteria you selected; these filters will display in the breadcrumb bar.
- Save your filtered data as a Favorite. Once filters are selected, click the Save as favorite (icon), enter a favorite name, choose if you want to make the favorite a default view, and decide if you want to share with your team. Click Save.
- Load a Favorite by clicking on the Favorites (icon), select your saved favorite from the drop-down list and click Load. The grid populates the data and the breadcrumbs indicate the selected filters.
- Refer to Work with All Families - View, Search, and Take Action for more details on the family data visuals.
- Refer to Work with All Students - View, Search, and Take Action for more details on the student data visuals.